Sunday, September 13, 2009

First attempt at Potty Training...........



Dawson just one day out of the blue came out of his room with "big boy pants" on...I thought okay I will humor him, got the potty out and let him sit on it for awhile.......

(I do not know why Brielle has the bacon bits with her.......maybe a snack :)



He sat and watched "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," or as he calls it O' Toodles.............



Then to my surprise he started to pee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked and completely not ready, I did not realize you have to control the "unit." It started spraying out of control, FIRE HOSE 101.........point it down. :) So first try was a success for him not me. Though I am not at all trying to really train him. I do not mind diapers, easy, convenient and after all his is still my BABY......I know, I know 16 and still in diapers not cool, but someday I will get the guts to really attempt it.

4 comments:

The McKinnons said...

Controlling the firehouse is a task in and of it self. Good luck! Good for him to be so self motivated!

Anonymous said...

YUCK!! So funny though. I love it! Good luck Dawson. Potty training is the WORST!!

Anonymous said...

My grandchildren are perfect, even when potty training or doing what they shouldn't. I love them.

Love, MIMI

Mandi and Josh said...

Cute! Maybe he'll surprise you and be potty trained in a week. But yes, VERY IMPORTANT ... teach him to point it down! That's a #1 first rule to potty training boys ... or else you will constantly be cleaning toilets.