Friday, February 11, 2011

Bathroom Counter Tops..............

Our Bathroom Counter Tops were another thing we did not upgrade in our home. They came with a standard white cultured marble. At the time we were like "score!" Though over the course of living in our home I quickly realized that white counter tops are AWFUL. There was no way, NONE, to keep them clean! I had to wipe them down everyday and if I was busy they did not get cleaned. I have been looking into replacing them for years but because of cost have not. Then I decided to research re-doing what was already there! ;)

Here is a picture of the white. Not bad by any means but impossible to keep clean!

Another.


First step was sanding the sheen off the marble!..Medium Sand Paper did the trick..quick and easy. Then you tape off everything you do not want painted!.
Then you buy a GOOD primer!..I got a valspar primer and had it tinted to the gray you see above.


Then you spray paint it!!!! Yep that is right! Spray paint. It is the "stone" speckle spray paint!...Look how cool it looks.


Full view of the spray painted counter!.


Next step...you add the shine! It gives it depth and makes it smooth like granite!!!....


The sheen is a Poly Resin. It is called Enviro Tex. It is like putting a 50 layer resin on. It is used for restaurant counters, tables, bars etc.


Putting on the sheen was a little intimidating but proved to be quite easy!


You have to be very patient in letting it dry the full 72 hours!

The shine really makes the counter!


For under $50 I was able to transform my counter tops into something I LOVE...


LOVE it....Now it is time to finish the bathroom!...Painting here I come!

4 comments:

ladystef said...

Wow, what a difference!! Looks so good. Love it.

Esther said...

Kristin, you are so talented and I am not just saying that because I love you. You amaze me at what you can do. I am proud to be your mother-in-law.

x0x0x0x0x0x0
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Kristin, it really does look great! You are amazing!

rwilliams91 said...

I did this exact thing to my kitchen counter top about 3 years ago...they have help up amazing and still look brand new!!!!!