Wednesday, November 26, 2008

DEXTER SCOTT WATTLES June 1, 2003 - November 18, 2005

As most of you know the only reason I knew what was going on with Dawson is that a family friend had gone through the same thing. If it were not for this little boy and what his family went through I am not sure Dawson would even be alive today. Dexter's first symptoms were flu like and the hospital kept telling his mother that it was the flu, yada yada but she knew something was wrong. He was sent home three times before they found out what was really going on.

I had this in my head playing over and over when Dawson got sick. I knew without a doubt what it was. In fact when we were admitted to Davis Hospital I told our Pediatrician immediately that I knew he had something going on in his head. I was told the odds of that were very low and that they were sure it was just the flu, ha! Mothers have a direct connection with their children doctors need to listen!

There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of Dexter and say a little prayer for his family. I believe he was there with us whispering in my ear to not give up until they found Dawson's tumor.

One can never imagine what it feels like to hear the words, "We found a mass," they haunt my dreams and kept me up at night. They run through my brain daily and I wish no parent would ever have to hear those words.

Without the support of Dexter's Mommy I would probably still be a mess. She has helped me beyond words can describe. She knows how I feel, she has felt it! She has so much knowledge and has been a great resource. She is a great, friend and a wonderful Mother! I pray that my friend and Dexter's Mommy will have a good holiday during this difficult time of year and feel little Dexter's spirit with her. I know he is probably a leader in the highest kingdom of Heaven. How special he was!
(Please remember this wonderful family in your prayers this holiday season!)
I am THANKFUL for this family!

1 comment:

Michelle P. said...

I came across this sweet boy's grave at the Salt Lake City Cemetery today, and had to come home and look him up. There were toys on his beautiful headstone.